1. After 3 hours, remove bandage and gently wash with warm water and an antibacterial soap. If the artist used Tatuderm, please follow these instructions and move on to step 2 accordingly. Tatu-derm should be applied within one hour of completing the new tattoo. Moisture from the open skin prevents the adhesive from sticking to the new tattoo.
Apply Tatu-derm to clean dry skin with no residue from the tattoo process. Tatu-derm should completely cover the tattoo with one inch all around for good adhesion. Glycerin in green soap residue will react with the adhesive and should be rinsed well before Tatu-derm is applied.
Tatu-derm should stay in place for 12 to 24 hours while skin is open and producing fluid. After 24 hours the Tatu-derm can be removed and replaced. The second application can stay in place for couple days as long as it is sticking well to the skin and there is no fluid build up. If the tattoo is done lightly and there is no fluid buildup the initial application can stay in place longer.
If redness occurs remove the Tatu-derm and discontinue use. If you are allergic to adhesives test a small piece on your skin. Redness will clear up once the Tatu-derm is removed and the tattoo will not be affected.
To remove Tatu-derm, peel it back SLOWLY from the edge or corner. Peel it back over itself, not away from the body. Avoid stretching the skin.
Once Tatu-derm is removed, clean and dry the area and proceed with your preferred topical aftercare.
2. Pat dry with a clean towel and let air dry. Do not re-bandage your tattoo.
3. Apply a thin layer of Griffin Salve 2-3 times a day. Griffin Salve is a 100% natural aftercare product that has proven amazing results. Griffin Salve comes with each tattoo at Assassin Tattoo Studio. After 4-5 days, minimize use and apply when needed.
4. Stay out of sunlight and tanning booths for at least 2 weeks.
5. Restrict yourself from physical activities such as soaking in a tub, sauna, jacuzzi, swimming pool or the ocean, gardening, or contact with animals until your new tattoo is completely healed.
6. You may experience some tenderness and minor swelling after the tattoo procedure. This will subside within days of receiving your tattoo, but if you show signs or symptoms of infection such as: major swelling and redness, extreme tenderness, red streaks moving from the tattoo towards your heart, elevated temperature/fever, or purulent drainage from the tattoo, then seek medical care immediately.
7. Sun exposure will fade your tattoo over time. Always use a sunscreen of at least SPF 25.
8. Your tattoo should be healed after 2-4 weeks. Should you have any problems, call or email the shop and we will be happy to assist you. 330-983-4135 firstname.lastname@example.org
9. We love to see our clients healed tattoos! Please follow us on Instagram and Twitter at @assassintattoostudio and tag us #assassintattoostudio.